Join us Monday-Friday from 11 am - 4 pm &
We love to make great food. We create our own salad dressings & sauces, candy almonds, cut fresh vegetables by hand for soups & salads, whip fresh cream and bake fresh cookies.
We are cooking for you!
We're proud to be voted Best Sandwich in Missouri by Rural Missouri Magazine's readers
At Café Blackadder we are
extremely proud of our year round relationship with the local
farmers. We have built strong connections and purchase
directly from as many as ten farmers, depending on the season,
receiving deliveries most everyday. Our newest addition and one that
we are very excited to share is pasture raised chicken. These
chickens are cornish cross
birds. They live in a 10'x12'x2' pen with an open floor and are
moved to a new piece of ground every day. Chickens are
omnivores (just like humans!) By moving them daily, they get a
fresh patch of grass which they eat in addition to bugs! Their
diet is supplemented with a non-gmo grain ration that comes from
Thayer feed in Kansas. This moving of the chickens also allows
them to be in a fresh-clean space to eat every day. These
chickens from Liberty Hill Farm in Centerview are smoked using Cherry
wood and processed by us in house. Purchasing from the local farms
allows us to not only shop local but to continue our pledge to
provide the freshest and healthiest product possible. As we continue
to grow, learn and provide to our community we are very grateful to
you, our customers, for your support.
(We do add seasonal items and new favorites, so our menu changes from time to time)
We serve a variety of beverages including freshly squeezed lemonade and brewed hot teas served in a cup or pot & iced teas, all using quality loose teas. Try a pot of our excellent quality loose teas !
We delight in our customers' satisfaction. Let us know what you need & we'll do everything we can to exceed your expectations.
Our atmosphere is relaxed and we strive to provide friendly, expert service. Our food does take time to prepare as we make our dishes from scratch, so please call in your order @ 747-2382 or ~let us know if you're in a hurry!~
We love to-go orders too!
Our to-go bags and containers are made of recycled materials!
*Cafe' Blackadder is a GREEN cafe! From our renovation to our daily operation, we are devoted to the best possible practices we can achieve.
We recycle cardboard, plastic, tin & aluminum cans, *cell phones and ink cartridges
- We source as much fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices as we can from our own garden & local farms such as Buckeye Acres.
- We use cloth reusable shopping bags when shopping.
- Our to-go orders are bagged in 100% post-consumer waste bags!
- We grow some of our own herbs & spices (some right in the window of the shop!) & get fresh produce from Buckeye Acres farm & the farmer's market.
- We use cloth dinner napkins
- We are using CFL bulbs
- We compost our food waste & share it with local farmers
- Our paper towels in the restroom are made of recycled paper products
- We use energy conserving appliances, some made locally in St. Louis, MO
- Our renovation involved re-purposing as much wood and other items as possible from the previous business
- We have a new, energy efficient furnace and A/C unit
- Our tables & chairs are re-purposed
- We hire local professionals for repairs and service.
*The cell phones & ink cartridges are in support of the not-for-profit Blind Boone Park Renovation Group (through Warrensburg Parks for the 21st Century)
- We are adding a solar array to our roof, making us the first commercial business in downtown Warrensburg ( and the 2nd in town) to GO SOLAR!
We've purchased 4 panels (the photo is Mike loading them onto the roof), Mike has filed the paperwork with the city and with KCP&L. As soon as we get the go-ahead, Mike will install the system. As money allows, we'll add more panels until we have all we need! Yippee!
Click HERE for Mike Shaw's website,
with information on how you can go solar!
We hired Bill Smith to repair some damaged brick work.
He did an amazing job! And now the building is healthy again (you can't see much of what he did).
For professional masonry call Bill Smith 816.838.0781
Their customer service is fantastic. The awning was only off for 4 days. Yippee! And it's GORGEOUS!
We applied for a grant through the city to help with improvements.
We were the 1st recipient! With over $5,000 in repairs, getting back $1,000 from the city really helps!!
Named one of Warrensburg's seven wonders. http://muleskinner.net/the-seven-wonders-of-warrensburg/
Chantel Hughes of The Muleskinner (UCM Student publication) wrote an outstanding article in the November 4, 2010 issue; "Downtown Café Strives to be Cultural Haven".
Stevo Svoboda of the art video blog SvobodaKC.blogspot.com produced this video piece
Donna Story of The Muleskinner covered our beginnings in November of 2009 with her article, "Downtown Café Brings Art and Food Together".